Pumpkin Soup Recipe
I had fun making what I call DIY Pumpkin Soup, where you present the cooked soup in the carved out pumpkin with a bowl of grated cheese and bacon bits on the side. As well as being yummy, it achieves good 'masterchef' style height...
- 1 x Pumpkin
- 1 x Bulb of Garlic
- 500ml / Pint of Vegetable Stock
- Paprika for Colouring
- Splash of Single-Cream for Creaminess
- Cheese for Grating
- Bacon for Chopping
How To Make Delicious Pumpkin Soup!
- Pre-heat oven to 200oC
- Cut a lid into the pumpkin
- Scoop out the pips and discard (or feed to a pet that wants it)
- Scoop out the pumpkin without breaking through the skin. I used a strong spoon and a short bladed knife. This takes ages!
- Test to see that the pumpkin shell is watertight. You'll be pouring hot soup in so its good to test with cold water for any leaks...
- Peel and roughly chop the garlic into a baking tray with the pumpkin flesh
- Season, sprinkle with paprika and splash with olive oil
- Roast the pumpkin mix for about 40 to 60 minutes
- In the meantime, grate the cheese, fry up the bacon and chop up roughly
- When the pumpkin in the oven ready, transfer the roasted goodness to a source pan and mix in the Vegetable Stock
- Leave to cool or a couple of minutes before liquidising nice and smooth
- Transfer the soup back to the pumpkin shell and put the lid back on to keep the heat in
- Serve to guests
If this rant
has inspired you to have a thought of your own then please do share it with me using the contact form
"I've gotta say you deserved to win the dj competition in Brighton. You were def the best by far and Good Luck with your new career! Make sure you ride that passion through your music. It was a pleasure judging you."
Dj James Dove
Alex Kent's Buddies
Alex Kent - Brighton UK based Artist, DJ, Music Producer, Software Developer, Motorcyclist & Photographer
The Genius Symbols, Genius, Visionary Genius
I Love Daffodils
SpaceNode dedicated to Daffodils, inspired by the www.ihatedaffodils.org.uk campaign
TV, Movie, Ads, Satire, Modern Culture Reviews, Rants & Raves by TSN
MaximumSnooker com Snooker News & Snooker Views With Stephen Kent
Snooker News, Snooker Photos, Snooker Tournament & Event Reports with MaximumSnooker.com
Welcome to MyEastbourne.com – a site setup to showcase our beautiful town on the south-east coast ...
News & Views with Steve Kent
The StarFields Network
Materials, support and structures for Creative People